Run setup, install the scenery in a folder of your choice (usually this is in your FSX or P3D Installation Directory\Addon Scenery folder, but it can be anywhere) and add to FSX or Prepar3D scenery library.
How to add scenery in Flight Simulator X:
1. Start FSX, go to the “Settings” Menu and click in “Scenery Library”.
2. Click “Add Area”, browse to the folder you want to add and hit “OK” (it will open selected Addon Scenery so you can now see it’s subfolders, “scenery” and “texture”).
3. Right Click anywhere on the white area in that open folder, and the window should close
and selected scenery will be added in the list.
4. Click “OK” in the lower right and FSX will build new scenery database with your scenery added to it.
5. Fly and enjoy!
How to add scenery in Prepar3D:
1. Start P3D, go to the “World” Menu and click in “Scenery Library”.
2. Click “Add Area”, browse to the folder you want to add and hit “OK” (it will open selected Addon Scenery so you can now see it’s subfolders, “scenery” and “texture”), so the selected scenery will be added in the list.
3. Click “OK” in the lower right and FSX will build new scenery database with your scenery added to it.
4. Fly and enjoy!
NOTE: Some antivirus, e.g., avast, can give a false positive to the Setup.exe file. If so, you can exclude the file from your antivirus program or disable it during the download/installation.
– The maximum and recommended Scenery Settings are: Terrain Mesh resolution 10 m and Texture resolution 15 cm.
– For a more precise delimitation of the vegetation areas (performance is not affected), enter this line:
in the [TERRAIN] section of the configuration file (fsx.cfg or Prepar3D.cfg) that should be in:
C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D
C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft/FSX
– To maximize the amount of autogen buildings in Prepar3D set this value (this can affect performance):
– To improve the water masks appearance in Prepar3D, edit with Notepad++ the GPUTerrain.fx file that you will find in your Prepar3D main directory / ShadersHLSL folder, increasing the value of the BaseColor, from 0.35 to 0.7 (or as you like):
//Environmental color takes into account the reflection and refraction color. Assuming most things in this are already lite.
EnvironmentColor.rgb = .40f * reflectionRefractionColor.rgb * ( 1 – fAlpha );//float4(lerp(reflectionRefractionColor, BaseColor, (1-cb_mDayNightInterpolant) * fAlpha));
BaseColor *= lerp( 0.35, 1.0f, fAlpha );
BaseColor *= lerp( 0.7, 1.0f, fAlpha );
To uninstall the scenery, go to the Windows Control Panel and search the option in the “Uninstall or change a program” tab, or go to the scenery folder and click the “unins000” executable.